"C'Mon Son"



I apologize for not blogging, but my first blog since being on hiatus has nothing to do with fashion or being natural. It has everything to do with advertisements that are unbelievable. I can only speak for myself, but I do not patronize products or stores if I know that the celebrity themselves doesn't use the said products. In the words of Mr. Ed Lover and his copyrighted phrase , "C'mon Son!"

Magic Johnson promotes Rent-A-Center

Source: Averagebro.com

If you are not familiar with either of the two, I will break it down very simply. A wealthy basketball turned entrepreneur (Magic Johnson) has been endorsing a company that rents appliances, furniture, and electronics and after so many payments you own the said property. It's sound innocent, but if you were to rent something from there after you finished paying it off, it will be outdated and you may have paid upwards of 3X what its actual retail value is.

Earvin "Magic" Johnson, why do you think is a good idea to endorse this company? Other than money or the possibility that you may own a few franchises, I can't come up with a good reason. You have to much money to be renting to own things. It's not even believable that you shop there. Why not give financial advice? That's something I can believe/ appreciate.

Tell people that instead of shopping at these stores, they should save up to buy that item. Saving money never put people in debt.

Ok, I ranted more than I thought I would. Well, this may become a series because I have more where that came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment